Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Friendly reminder this week....

Sometimes we get so caught up in all the new story ideas in our heads, or focusing too much on the end result (by researching publishers, the market, or following (stalking) everything other writers are doing), worrying that we aren't good enough by comparing ourselves, our abilities, and our time to others, and just all around... 

THINKING TOO MUCH! 

And we end up getting no writing done at all...which topples us into that dark well of depression because we want to write, really we do, but let's face it, sometimes it can be so overwhelming, discouraging, and just plain hard.

It's almost like a whirlwind pulling you down rather than elevating you higher.

Sound familiar?

Yep, been there myself, and more so recently.  

So, this is just a friendly reminder to breathe (in and out, deep and slow), let all that crap above go, and simplify.  Get back to the one thing that REALLY counts...


I did exactly this on Monday...took a few deep breaths, sat still for a few minutes, and let it all go.  Simplified my thinking all around.  Then I opened my dusty manuscript file and started.

Before I knew it, that feeling was back, the one I haven't had in too many months of Sundays.  You know it--a little giddiness mixed with excitement and a whole lot of contentment.  The writing rush 😍.

That is what I wish for you this week, especially if you are struggling.  So, just breathe...just simplify...just...write πŸ–ŠπŸ˜‰


©bystacydawn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

πŸ™‹Don't forget to check out my links at the side to visit me on social media and at my website! πŸ’Ÿ


No comments:

Post a Comment