Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Practice Makes Progress

I have been slowly working in the background practicing and experimenting for a project I've had in mind for a while now.  With a busy family and working two jobs, it will still take time to put it all together, but that's okay, because I am working daily toward that goal even if just five minutes a day...and as with most of my ideas, the end result will of course be with writers in mind.😉  

For now, I thought I would share some of the fun practice pieces.  I'm thinking I might even create them into a final form some day.  




These are from my Scribbles That Matter journal that I fill with doodles and random ideas to play around with lettering and coloring.  It has thicker paper, which works great for various mediums from colored pencils to watercolors.  

Everyone needs a miscellaneous journal or notebook they can do anything in from random notes to doodling or sketching, poetry or writing, but most importantly, to mess up, make mistakes, scratch out, circle furiously what works, and make funny things out of what doesn't.  A place no one else has to see if you don't want them to and where ANYTHING goes.  Because it's the practice and progress that really count.

You learn far more from the mistakes than the finished pieces.😉


No comments:

Post a Comment